Keep the active tool without changing when opening a new pdf

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
prasantha
User

Keep the active tool without changing when opening a new pdf

Post by prasantha »

Hi,
When I open new pdf file, the active tool set to hand. Can some one let me know how can I keep the last active tool as the active tool when I open a new file using pdfexhange editor sdk?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Keep the active tool without changing when opening a new pdf

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello prasantha,

Please open the preferences window (Ctrl + K), and then navigate to Tools, and you will see the options you need to turn on for your active tool to be remembered:
image.png
These values should then be stored in the registry, and you can then either force these two to your users, or better yet - just customize a copy of the end user Editor - export ALL of the settngs to a data file, and you can then load all those settings when you start the Editor:
https://sdkhelp.pdf-xchange.com/vi ... erSettings

Kind regards,
Stefan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
prasantha
User

Post by prasantha »

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your quick response.
CanI know how to achieve this programatically?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello prasantha,

I am not sure if there is a method in the SDK directly to change those settings - but they are stored in the registry.
If the "export - import" of all the settings as suggested after the screenshot in my previous post is not to your liking - then just change\create these registry values:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Settings\Tools\b.KeepCurrent = 1
and
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Settings\Tools\b.RestoreLast = 1
image.png
Kind regards,
Stefan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.