sorry but could staff help explain what addon method is available now? thanks.

This forum is for plugins used in the PDF-XChange Editor only.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

krstoevan
User

sorry but could staff help explain what addon method is available now? thanks.

Post by krstoevan »

hi,

afair, some staff say some SDK/API is no longer supported, is it?

so that the only way to do similar thing now is on javascript.

yet in the forum, i saw many sub-forums of SDK/API but i dont see any subforum on javascript.
and didn't see any examples of js at all.

could the staff simply point out some post or subforum for me?
thanks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: sorry but could staff help explain what addon method is available now? thanks.

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello krstoevan,

Yes - there were SDK sub forums, however the SDKs themselves are no longer for sale - so the topics there are left for reference for existing developers, and also from time to time some existing developer needs to ask us a few more questions as they are e.g. making changes to an existing project.

We do not have a dedicated JS section of the forums.

Is it a specific task that you want to achieve? Can you please describe it in some detail?

Kind regards,
Stefan
krstoevan
User

Re: sorry but could staff help explain what addon method is available now? thanks.

Post by krstoevan »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:18 am Hello krstoevan,

Yes - there were SDK sub forums, however the SDKs themselves are no longer for sale - so the topics there are left for reference for existing developers, and also from time to time some existing developer needs to ask us a few more questions as they are e.g. making changes to an existing project.

We do not have a dedicated JS section of the forums.

Is it a specific task that you want to achieve? Can you please describe it in some detail?

Kind regards,
Stefan
1. why charge for SDK? and 2. why stop distributing it?
people write addon for your program, it only help your program to be more popular......

3. no specific task yet, but wish to know if i can control the program myself other than being a layman user-- i.e. wanna be a power user.

thanks
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello krstoevan,

The development of an SDK package is not free - that's why we were charging for it and the reasons to stop offering them were also driven by economical reasons.

I am afraid that those SDKs were never intended to be for power users - they were for full development of complex software products that would also offer handlign of PDF files in them (e.g. a document management system).

If you are looking at automating some tasks - please check the PDF Tools:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/pdf-tools
and the command line options it offers:
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxt ... ns_ed.html

Kind regards,
Stefan