Bulk delete duplicate pages within multiple pdf's

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Bhaab
User

Post by Bhaab »

To clarify - I've been given a file folder with approximately 2500 PDF files. There's a variety when it comes to page length, and each document will have entirely different sets of pages, so there is little to no common content except the order of what type of content goes on which page. (I mention this because my first thought was just to look for common elements which is a no go)

So the issue is that at least 2/3 of the files have duplicated pages within (thank you clients, for sending them to us like this). A typical file might have 5 pages (1 2 3 4 5). A common occurrence would be to see them like this (1 2 3 3 4 4 5 3 2). I'm worried less about the order of the pages, and more just about the duplications at this point as in about 2 weeks I'll need to be printing them out. leaving them like that electronically is one thing, but that's going to be an awful lot of unnecessary waste of time and paper/ink.

I've searched through the tools and options available but I have not encountered anything that looks like it will loop through the files and delete any duplicated pages, save, then move to the next file. Am I missing something obvious?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Bulk delete duplicate pages within multiple pdf's

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Bhaab

I am afraid that there is no tool like this... I am unsure if it is reasonably possible to offer something like this, but I can at least run it by the dev team to be considered in the future.

For the time being, I am afraid that I have no way to automate that, and you will need to manually go through your sheets...

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Bhaab
User

Re: Bulk delete duplicate pages within multiple pdf's

Post by Bhaab »

Got it. Thanks for checking.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com