URL links lost in conversion from Word to PDF

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

becritical
User

URL links lost in conversion from Word to PDF

Post by becritical »

I have a couple of problems when using PDF-Xchange Lite to convert .docx files to PDF. I cannot figure out what the actual problem is, because some URL become clickable in the PDF as expected but they include the first word of the following line in the URL, so essentially to become useless.

The second problem is that some links are empty, in word they are clickable but not in the PDF. What could be the problem?

When I do the conversion with the Microsoft print to PDF or with the export PDF option in Word all the links work as expected. The export to PDF option award has an option to make the PDF A compliant which makes the links work.

Could you please provide assistance? Otherwise this driver becomes useless.

Thank you
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: URL links lost in conversion from Word to PDF

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello becritical,

When you use the PDF XChange Printer Lite - you are effectively telling word to "Print".
So it will prepare the file as if it would be sending it to a Physical printer. So links information is not usually as important as e.g. making sure the file prints OK on paper.

As you have Lite - I presume you also have the Editor?
Have you tried just dragging and dropping the .docx files over the Editor? This will convert them for you on the fly, and you then just need to save the PDF. With this process your links should be handled better!

Kind regards,
Stefan
becritical
User

Post by becritical »

thanks for your quick reply, wow that is handy I have learned something!

Okay that makes the links work, but I still have the problem with the first word from the following line being picked up

see the screenshot
image.png
image.png
the other problem seems that this way of converting to PDF produces significantly the quality of the figures. Are there some settings for this kind of automatic conversion?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, becritical

Would it be possible for you to send us a copy of both the word document and the output PDF file in question here? If it has sensitive information, please email it to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link to this forum post, so we can take a look and see what can be done.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com