PDF has hidden links that point to tracker's website.

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kmoens
User

Post by kmoens »

We have a customer that noticed a link to www.tracker-software.com when they are hovering over the document generated with the PXCComLib7.CPXCControlEx and PXCComLib7.CPXCPrinter. The link is a very small
SS-16080-01__MMP-105083_1_0_20231103_161929837.pdf
image.png
This customer is using PDF-XChange 7. We do have a newer version of our products that are on PDF-XChange 9 which the customer can upgrade to. Yet before we go back and tell them to upgrade as a solution I want to verify that this issue was something seen and resolved.

We do have a 575 character key that we pass as g_RegKey when we create the printer.
PDFPrinter = CType(PDFPFactory.Printer("", "PDF-XChange 7.0 DTPOLL", g_RegKey, ""), CPXCPrinter)

Our customer feels that it looks like the document generated doesn't have a valid license. From my experience when there isn't a valid license there are more visible stickers in the corners. Yet this looks bad as these documents get emailed out to their customers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: PDF has hidden links that point to tracker's website.

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, kmoens
kmoens wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:07 pm Our customer feels that it looks like the document generated doesn't have a valid license. From my experience when there isn't a valid license there are more visible stickers in the corners. Yet this looks bad as these documents get emailed out to their customers.
Your Customer is correct, these are indeed demo stamps being placed due to a lack of license key.

The labels are present, but it seems that someone modified the document after they were placed, and obfuscated them by moving the page image on top (or as this is an old version, there may have been a bug related to placement of the stamps). Here I have simply moved the page a bit to the side to show the labels, as well as the including the list of links present in the file:
image.png
To avoid this, the creator of these docuemnts, and anyone editing base content within them, will need to ensure that they do have a license key in place.

Kind regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
kmoens
User

Post by kmoens »

How can I send you the license key we have to verify that it is a valid license?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello kmoens,

You can e-mail that to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this forum topic.

However - it is possible that those links (and the DEMO stamps that come with them) were initially placed with a free version, and then removed with the licensed one - but in a way that left the links intact.
So if possible - please also send us a sample file along with your license key when writing the e-mail.

Kind regards,
Stefan
kmoens
User

Post by kmoens »

Email sent. I was out of the office at the end of last week.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello kmoens,

Got the mail and replied to it!
Your license should be fine, and from the problem description you provided - I suspect the issue is on the user's end and not caused by our SDK as it works in your project, however we would know more once you've had a chance to get some more feedback from the affected customer.

Kind regards,
Stefan
kmoens
User

Post by kmoens »

This can be closed. We worked with customer and found out what happened. emailing support with the key and verifying that it was still good helped.

Thank you.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com