Upgrade from .Net 4.5.2 to .Net 7

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
wallmat
User

Post by wallmat »

We are currently using the version 7.0.326.1 and upgrading our project from 4.5.2 to .NET 7 and started getting an error when initializing.

coreInstance = new PXC_Inst();

Error:
ErrorMesssage: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {D37FFAC6-B7ED-441E-B933-19B4E57FCB60} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
Stack Trace: at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.AllocateComObject(Void* pClassFactory)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean wrapExceptions)

We have registered the DLLs manually as well and still no change. But rolling back to .NET 4.5.2 removes this error. There is a lot of other factors at play as well but I wanted to reach out and see if anyone else encountered this in any versions and found a solution.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade from .Net 4.5.2 to .Net 7

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello wallmat,

I've asked my colleagues from the dev team to take a look and advise on what can be done!

Kind regards,
Stefan
wallmat
User

Re: Upgrade from .Net 4.5.2 to .Net 7

Post by wallmat »

Thank you so much
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)