How do I add a New Document icon on the quick actions menu?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

danxavy
User

Post by danxavy »

Hi All

I'm new to this forum and work in IT. We are switching from Foxit to PDF-Xchange Pro soon once testing is complete but in the meantime I'm trying to customise PDF-X which is quie cumbersome compaired to Foxit customisations.
Firstly, is there a way to add a "New Document" (with Blank Pages) icon on the quick actions menu next to the Folder, Save, Print, Email icons? And how can I disable the "New Empty Document" window from showing after I click on the New Document--> Blank Pages? Currently you have to do 4 clicks to open a blank page!
I just found that I can switch it to the classic UI where there is the "Create" a page option visible but you still need to click 3 times to get a blank document open!

Thanks in advnace.
Br
Dan
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: How do I add a New Document icon on the quick actions menu?

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi, danxavy

welcome to PDF-Xchange.

There are a couple of ways to do this, ultimately it depends whether you want to enforce this with a policy or set it and allow users to modify/remove it.

Adding it is relatively trivial, right click the toolbars and select "customize toolbars":
image.png
In there look to the "Command" tab and search for the tool you want, 'blank' in this case is sufficient. You then drag it to the location you want:
image(1).png
That will place the item, yo can then export the settings to file and pass the settings file to other users:
image(2).png
Now if you want to enforce this via Group Policy this can also be done - take a look here and let me know if yo have questions? https://help.pdf-xchange.com/sysadmin/e ... lates.html

Kind regards,
Paul - Tracker Supp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
danxavy
User

Post by danxavy »

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the info, works like a charm!
Now the next question is: Is there any way to disable the "New Empty Document" window when you click on the "Blank Pages" icon? I think this is an unnecessary step for most users. Or is there a way when opening PDF-XChange it will automatically open with a blank page?

Thanks in advance.
Br
Dan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello danxavy,

No way to disable this.
We need to show the dialogue - as from file to file you might need a different page size - so you need to be able to select the desired page size as well as how many pages you want to add.

There is no way to also open the Editor with e.g. a blank document with 1 page inside.
Please note that e.g. in Word you have "flowing" text - so when you need more than the first page - others are created automatically. PDF files are structured differently, and each page is effectively separate from all the others, so you need to specify the number of new pages when you want to create such.

Kind regards,
Stefan
danxavy
User

Post by danxavy »

I guess most users open pdfs from a file and not from a new document. Thanks for reply!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com