Always Save on Exit  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

PandaPictures
User

Always Save on Exit

Post by PandaPictures »

I searched through forums and googled the feature, but can't seem to find how to do this / if its available. Would make multiple closes without saving "safer" (as to my knowledge sessions only save the most recent exit unless you explicitly saved the session)
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Always Save on Exit

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, PandaPictures

We do not plan to offer this, specifically because, doing so would be a risk to your data. Automatically saving means that if you mistakenly delete content, perhaps a mis-click, the cat or a child playing with the keyboard, etc, you cannot recover that data as soon as the file is saved like that. As such, we do not automatically offer these functions because we cannot offer methods to recover what was lost in these cases.
Instead, in the case of a normal close, you are asked whether you would like to save or not, leaving the choice in your hands as a user.
Should the application crash for some reason, we have "auto-recovery" enabled by default, which will keep record of changes you made to the file, and, assuming the file was not changed by another application since our editor last opened it, we will be able to restore those changes.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
PandaPictures
User

Post by PandaPictures »

Thanks! may i ask is auto recovery only for the most recent session, or is it like a git timeline?
Or how do I access the auto recovery? Only seem to be able to find restore session when closing the program
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Always Save on Exit  SOLVED

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello PandaPictures,

This depends on the settings you have chosen in this menu:

image.png

To access the recovery copies please select this option:

image(1).png

Regards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PandaPictures
User

Post by PandaPictures »

Thank you!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Always Save on Exit

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)