Feature Requests for PDF-Tools

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

netsonicyxf
User

Feature Requests for PDF-Tools

Post by netsonicyxf »

• Adding feature "keep folder structure" in the Optimize PDF module -> use customer folder specified
    E.g. The original foder \1 has 3 subfolders \11, \12 and \13, there are 3 pdfs, 11.pdf, 12.pdf and 13.pdf in each subfolder, respectively.
    If the output folder is \2, then the 11.pdf, 12.pdf and 13.pdf would be in \2. w/o the original subfolder structure
    If the feature "keep folder structure" is enabled, then\2 will have 3 subfolders \11, \12 and \13, th optimized 11.pdf, 12.pdf and 13.pdf are in each subfolder, respectively.
  • Adding "Pause" button, when running batch work
  • Limit on the amount of CPU core/thread used for "Multi-Threaded Processing Mode"
in the Optimize PDF module
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Feature Requests for PDF-Tools

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello netsonicyxf,

I believe that if you use relative paths for the source and processed files - the structure would be preserved.

I will check with our devs on the Pause button and their thoughts on it.

And for the cores - you can control that through the main preferences window for PDF Tools.
image.png
There are predefined values in the drop down and you can type in a custom one as well (up to the actual total CPU(s)/Cores you have.

Kind regards,
Stefan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
netsonicyxf
User

Post by netsonicyxf »

Hi Stefen,.

As for relative path, I couldn't find this information in https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxt10/in ... les_t.html

As for "Pause", because the optimization of PDF require lots of CPU resource . Sometime I need to pause it to get CPU resource for other temparary tasks.
E.g.: Video converting softwares require lots of CPU resource when converting videoes, and most of them do have a "Pause" button.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello netsonicyxf,

Thanks for getting back to us! Indeed - video processing is very resource heavy, and so can be some PDF files (or if you use OCR on a bunch of them - that is also working with a lot of image data).

I am yet to hear on the devs thoughts for a Pause button, and will post again here as soon as I get their feedback!

Kind regards,
Stefan
netsonicyxf
User

Post by netsonicyxf »

Hi Stefen,

Could you please show me how to use the "relative path" as mentioned in the 2nd post to keep the folder structure?

Best regards
netsnicyxf
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello netsonicyxf,

Please take a look at this post where my colleague explains how to use relative paths in PDF-Tools:
viewtopic.php?p=142198#p142198

Kind regards,
Stefan