Access violation when preparing text extraction

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

uko
User

Access violation when preparing text extraction

Post by uko »

Hi,

attached are two sample documents from which the second one (sample_error.pdf) throws an access violation in xcpro40.dll when being prepared for text extraction using PXCp_ET_Prepare. You can test this using sample DelphiPXCProSample.exe from examples\bin.
The first pdf sample_ok is the last known good state and the difference between the good and the bad pdf is that on the later one formfield has been deleted and replaced by it's visual appearance.
My question is: is this a bug in xcpro40.dll or has the tool that produces the two pdfs created some invalid pdf (in this case: can you let me know what exactly is wrong?)

Thanks,
Ulrich
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lzcat - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Access violation when preparing text extraction

Post by Lzcat - Tracker Supp »

Cannot reproduce problem with build 4.0.0.0151. If you are using one of previous - please update to latest.
Victor
Tracker Software
Project manager

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
uko
User

Re: Access violation when preparing text extraction

Post by uko »

Thanks Victor,

using the latest build it works fine (I'm sorry, originally i used build 149).

kind regards,
Ulrich