PDF attachments support?

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

pkullmann
User

PDF attachments support?

Post by pkullmann »

Hi,

i am currently evaluating PDF-tools. Does this product support "PDF attachments", i.e. embedding of arbitrary files into a PDF document. Viewers usually show an attachment list for such PDFs, from which files can be opened or saved.
If not, is it a planned feature?

Peter
Lzcat - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF attachments support?

Post by Lzcat - Tracker Supp »

No, attachments is not supported for now in the standard functions, and we do not plan to add support in near future.

However you may use the Low-Level API to deal with them (this will require knowledge of PDF specification). Please see help for Low-level API to details and ask here if you have additional questions.

Though I should make this very clear - we do not directly support the Low level API - it is provided as a set of calls for highly experienced PDF programmers/guru's and you will need to downlaod and use/understand the Adobe PDF specification direct from Adobe's site.
Victor
Tracker Software
Project manager

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.