Can I use the PDF-Tools SDK to extract annotations from PDF files?
Can I use the PDF-Tools SDK to extract link annotations from PDF files?
Yes. The low-level API can be used to create methods that identify annotations and extract URLs from their actions. The PDF-XChange PRO SDK license is required in order to use the low-level API actions beyond evaluation mode.
However, it should be noted that the low-level API is a powerful set of functions that enables developers to make changes at the most fundamental level of PDF files. Whilst this is very useful from a developmental perspective, indiscriminate use will undoubtedly lead to file corruption and other issues. Tracker Software will not accept any responsibility, should such problems arise, and we advise emphatically that developers exercise caution and patience when the low-level API is utilized.
If you request support in relation to the low-level API then we will expect you to have a thorough working knowledge of PDF and the associated Adobe documentation. The best references for this are:
These documents provide a comprehensive description/analysis of PDF and are intended for developers of PDF-related software. They contain sufficient information to enable developers to write applications that read PDF files and/or modify their content.
More Like This
- KB#72: How do Icopy an image from an existing PDF file to a new PDF file and retain the original dimensions?
- KB#227: I have an issue using the PDF-XChange SDK sample code with Microsoft Visual Basic in 'Interactive Mode' for debugging.
- KB#50: Error when running application scheduled task
- KB#51: I have a problem with my web application making calls to PXCLIB40.dll when running in 64 bit development environment
- KB#265: Why aren't all orphaned printers removed in my SDK-developed application?