Is it possible to use PDF-XChange Viewer and PDF-XChange Editor to convert annotations and comments into base document content?
Is it possible to use PDF-XChange Viewer and PDF-XChange Editor to convert annotations and comments into base document content? I have added annotations and comments to documents and I want to make them permanent so that subsequent users cannot modify them.
Yes - the Flatten Comments feature is used for this purpose. Please note:
- This is a licensed feature. If unlicensed versions of the software are used to perform this operation then watermarks will appear on output pages.
- If there are protected annotations in documents, such as digital signatures, then this option is not permitted.
- Flattening comments also removes clickable hyperlinks and flattens fillable form fields into selectable text.
- This operation cannot be reversed. If you want the option of editing comments/annotations then save a copy of the document before flattening comments.
More Like This
- KB#456: How do ICustomize toolbars in the Editor
- KB#338: What are the MSI installation switch options for the PDF-XChange family of products?
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#447: Determine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#195: What is the difference between "Place Signature" and "Sign Document" in PDF-XChange Viewer?