How do I change the units of measurement that the measuring tools use?
How do I change the units of measurement that the Measuring Tools use?
The Measuring Tools are the Distance Tool, Perimeter Tool and Area Tool.
Please note that the units of measurement for the Measuring Tools can be set independently of the default units of measurement determined in the Preferences section, which determine units for page sizes, grids, guides and rulers. The software is designed in this manner to make it possible for each object that the Measuring Tools create to have independent units of measurement. Follow the steps below to determine the units of measurement for the Measuring Tools:
1. Click Tools in the Menu Toolbar.
2. Hover over Measuring Tools.
3. Click the desired tool.
4. Use the Ratio Unit dropdown menus in the Properties Toolbar to determine units of measurement:
The number box and dropdown menu on the left determine the first half of the scale. These units will be used in the document itself.
- The number box and dropdown menu on the right determine the second half of the scale. These units will be displayed on the lines that measurement tools create. They illustrate what the size measured in the document represents. The example detailed above defines one inch as equal to one metre. Therefore, an inch measured in the document represents a metre in actual size, and the measuring tool will display metres when it is used to create annotations.
More Like This
- KB#456: How do ICustomize toolbars in the Editor
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#338: What are the MSI installation switch options for the PDF-XChange family of products?
- KB#447: Determine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#415: Can I use PDF-XChange Editor to edit pages?