Can I upgrade the portable version of PDF-XChange Viewer or PDF-XChange Editor and then use the Pro features?
Can I upgrade the portable version of PDF-XChange Viewer or PDF-XChange Editor and then use the PRO features? Is it possible to preserve current settings when I upgrade?
Yes, it is possible to purchase a PRO license and enter the license information in the portable version. PRO functionality will then be available. Follow the steps below to achieve this:
- Save a copy of the settings.dat file. (This is the file that contains the current settings and it is not included in the distribution archive).
- Note: The V7 upgrade revamped the UI dramatically, as such it is no longer possible to import these settings from versions prior to V7.
- Download and unpack the archive to your USB or portable directory.
- Overwrite all files - but do not delete portable.dat. This file is needed in order to ensure that the product is portable. If it is not present that the software will operate from the registry and will not be fully portable.
- Import the settings.dat file.
- Click Edit in the Menu Toolbar.
- Click Preferences.
- Click Registration in the Categories window.
- Enter your serial number and click OK.
More Like This
- KB#456: How do ICustomize toolbars in the Editor
- KB#338: What are the MSI installation switch options for the PDF-XChange family of products?
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#447: Determine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#415: Can I use PDF-XChange Editor to edit pages?