How do I export my printer settings to a file?
I want to export my printer settings to a file and do not know how.
PDF-XChange Print Drivers can export the settings to a data file. Since the driver can have multiple profiles stored, it is possible to export the settings for each profile independently. By default, and if you have never created custom ones, your profile to export will be the one called "current".
Go to the PDF-XChange Printer in your Windows printers list. In Windows XP it is called "Printers and Faxes" and in Vista, just "Printers" and Win 7 it is called "Devices and Printers" in Windows 8 and 8.1 it is called "Devices and Printers". It is found in the Windows Control Panel.
Right click the Printer named "PDF-XChange..." and select:
Printing Preferences > Settings [tab] > Profiles [left panel] > Select your profile from the list on the right > Export > Choose a location and select > Save
The resulting .ppr file will contain all the user defined settings from that profile and can be used to recreate the profile if needed.
More Like This
- KB#258: How do I export my settings from PDF-XChange Viewer?
- KB#285: I have a problem with no print driver being set up when installing PDF-XChange Editor
- KB#315: How do I rename an instance of the PDF XChange Printer
- KB#306: I have a problem with changing settings for the PDF-XChange Print Driver
- KB#254: How do I summarize comments?