Why aren't all orphaned printers removed in my SDK-developed application?
Why aren't all orphaned printers removed in my PDF-XChange SDK-developed application?
Please note that a developer asked this question on the Tracker Software forum. His users were reporting that orphaned printers were left in place after all other processes were complete. He wanted to know why this happened and what could be done to remove them.
This issue occurs when users do not shut down the developer application and/or Windows correctly. Temporary instances of PDF-XChange may not be automatically removed in these cases. (Usually they are removed when all jobs are complete).
Call the function iPXCC.RemoveOrphanPrinters('') before a call to the function iPXCC.Get_Printer in order to resolve this issue. This will clean up the printers list and all orphaned printers will be removed.
More Like This
- KB#227: I have an issue using the PDF-XChange SDK sample code with Microsoft Visual Basic in 'Interactive Mode' for debugging.
- KB#415: Can I use PDF-XChange Editor to edit pages?
- KB#265: Why aren't all orphaned printers removed in my SDK-developed application?
- KB#268: Why do the PDF-XChange products display the "File Info" of some PDF files in strange characters, whereas Adobe and other programs display readable information?
- KB#50: Error when running application scheduled task