How do I use the PDF-XChange Editor plugin in the Google Chrome web browser?
How do I use the PDF-XChange Editor plug-in in the Google Chrome web browser?
Unfortunately the settings in Google Chrome changed in build 57 and it is no longer possible to determine the default PDF viewer when documents are viewed online.
However, it is possible to change the settings so that documents are downloaded instead of being viewed online:
1. Open Google Chrome and click the ellipsis icon in the upper right corner, then click Settings in the submenu:
The Google Chrome settings page will open.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Advanced.
3. Click Content settings in the Privacy and security tab:
4. Click PDF Documents in the Content Settings options menu.
5. Enable the Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome option.
More Like This
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#447: Determine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#139: How do I set the default style of annotations in PDF-XChange Viewer and PDF-XChange Editor?
- KB#72: How do I copy an image from an existing PDF file to a new PDF file and retain the original dimensions?
- KB#286: How do I manage licenses for PDF-XChange Editor on a Windows Terminal Server?