How do I use the PDF-XChange Editor plugin in the Google Chrome web browser?
How do I use the PDF-XChange Editor plug-in in the Google Chrome web browser?
Unfortunately the settings in Google Chrome changed in build 57 and it is no longer possible to determine the default PDF viewer when documents are viewed online.
However, it is possible to change the settings so that documents are downloaded instead of being viewed online:
1. Open Google Chrome and click the ellipsis icon in the upper right corner, then click Settings in the submenu:
The Google Chrome settings page will open.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Advanced and then click Site Settings.
3. Scroll through the page that appears, and click PDF Documents.
4. Enable the Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome option.
Now that this is complete, Google Chrome will download PDF documents for you to open in our PDF-XChange Editor in the future.
More Like This
- KB#456: How do ICustomize toolbars in the Editor
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#338: What are the MSI installation switch options for the PDF-XChange family of products?
- KB#447: How do IDetermine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#415: Can I use PDF-XChange Editor to edit pages?