How do I use Orca and mst to deploy your products
We want to roll out your products using the MSI and an accompanying MST.
We have installed Orca and opened up the MSI and then got very lost trying to find which fields I should edit to input the licenses key and user details, can anyone point me in the right direction?
You will need to add a row to the Property table in the .msi file, then save the changes in the transformation file (.mst).
- Open the MSI file you wish to modify.
- Transform --> New Transform
- On the left hand panel (Tables) select the "Property" table
- Right click in the right hand panel and select "Add Row" (CTRL+R)
- For using KEYFILE enter the term KEYFILE in the "Property" field and the UNC path to your xcvault file in the "Value" field.
- Save the transform for use when deploying.
The value of KEYDATA is the string that is your serial key, the vlaue of KEYFILE is a valid UNC path to your xcvault file.
If you only want to install some of the components, make sure to include an ADDLOCAL row with a value then a coma-separated list of components you want installed. The full list of components you can include in ADDLOCAL, as well as a full list of other parameters that you can add to the property table, are available here:
PDF-XChange Editor: https://help.tracker-software.com/pdfxe8/switches-for-msi-installers_edpub.html
PDF-XChange Standard: https://help.tracker-software.com/pdfxs8/switches-for-msi-installers_s.html
PDF-XChange Pro Bundle: https://help.tracker-software.com/pdfxp8/switches-for-msi-installers_p.html
Options can be also seen when you launch the .msi file in a GUI and click the help button. Additionally you can find the same list attached to this forum topic.
More Like This
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#338: What are the MSI installation switch options for the PDF-XChange family of products?
- KB#447: How do IDetermine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#286: How do Imanage licenses for PDF-XChange Products on a Windows Terminal Server?
- KB#456: How do ICustomize toolbars in the Editor