How do I edit multiple annotations simultaneously in PDF-XChange Editor?
How do I edit multiple comments, mark-ups and annotations simultaneously in PDF-XChange Editor?
The Select Comments tool can be used to edit multiple comments simultaneously:
1. Click Select Comments under the Home Ribbon Tab:
2. Click and drag to select the desired comments:
- Click and drag control points to resize content.
- Click and drag content to reposition it. The circle at the center can also be used for this purpose.
- Click and drag the green control point at the top to rotate content. Hold down Shift to rotate at increments of fifteen degrees.
- Use the arrow keys to reposition content.
- The main properties of selected comments are detailed in the Format Tab and can be edited as desired. Click Properties to open the Properties pane and view/edit a complete list of properties for selected comments. Available properties depend on the type of comments selected.
- Right-click to enable further options. Available options depend on the format of selected comments. The submenu below details many of the available options, the list below explains all functions:
- Click Open Pop-Up Note to view the pop-up note for the content. (Pop-up notes are created automatically when content is created. Please note that when the Distance Tools are being used it is necessary to use the Edit Label and Delete Label options, detailed below, to edit/delete note content). Highlight note content and then use the options in the Format Tab to customize its appearance.
- Click Hide Pop-Up Note to close the view/edit pane of pop-up notes associated with content.
- Click Reset Pop-Up Note Location to reset the location of pop-up notes associated with content.
- Click Cut, Copy, Paste or Delete to perform these operations on selected content. Copied items will be added to the clipboard of the local computer.
- Click Flatten to disable subsequent content editing. Please note that associated pop-up notes are deleted during this process. The Undo feature in the Title Bar can be used to reverse the flattening process.
- Click Add Reply to add replies to existing pop-up notes.
- Use the Status submenu to define the status of content for subsequent editing. The options are Accepted, Cancelled, Completed and Rejected.
- Use the Arrange submenu to determine how content appears in relation to overlapping content:
- Click Bring to Front to bring content to the front in cases of multiple objects overlapping.
- Click Send to Back to send content to the back in cases of multiple objects overlapping.
- Click Bring Forward to bring content to the front in cases of two objects overlapping.
- Click Send Backward to send content to the back in cases of two objects overlapping.
- Use the Control Points submenu to add/delete control points as desired:
- Right-click control points and click Delete Point to delete control points.
- Move the pointer to the desired location in content borders, then right-click and select Add Point to add new control points.
- Use the Set Scale submenu to select a scale for content:
- Click a scale to select a predefined scale from the list.
- Click Manage Measurements to view/edit the list of predefined scales. Use the Delete and Edit buttons to delete/edit selected scales. Use the Clone button to clone predefined scales. Cloned scales can be edited as desired and saved for subsequent use.
- Click Calibrate Measurement to create a new scale. This operation is explained here.
- Click Align to align selected content. Use the Align submenu to select a layout. Content will align to the item that was first placed in the document by default if the items were group-selected using the mouse. If items were group-selected by holding Ctrl and selecting them one at a time, then the first item selected will be used as the reference point.
- The Auto Adjust Arm Position option relates to the callout arm of the Callout Tool. When this setting is disabled the control point from which the callout arm originates remains constant when callout text boxes are repositioned. When this setting is enabled the control point from which callout arms originate changes automatically. The control point closest to the end of the callout arm is used.
- Click Flip Line to flip content through one hundred and eighty degrees.
- Click Transform to Quadrilateral to enable link shape editing when using the Link Tool or the Redaction feature. Click and drag the inner control points to edit the shape. When this option is enabled it is replaced in the submenu with the option to Transform to Rectangle. Click this option to revert to the default mode. Selected links will update automatically.
- Click Export Measurements To CSV File as desired. When this option is selected, the Save File dialog box will open. Select a location for the file and click Save to save the current measurements as a .csv file.
- Click Edit Label to edit the content pop-up note. The Measure Label dialog box will open. Enter the desired text in the text box and click OK to update the label. The new text will be displayed above content and in the associated pop-up note. Please note that it is not possible to remove the scale reference figure that the Distance Tools create.
- Click Delete Label to delete information that has been added to the label. Please note that it is not possible to remove the scale reference figure that the Distance Tools create.
- Click Make Current Properties Default to set the properties of the selected content as the default properties for subsequent content of the same format.
- Click Apply Default Properties to apply the default content properties to selected content.
More Like This
- KB#456: How do ICustomize toolbars in the Editor
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#338: What are the MSI installation switch options for the PDF-XChange family of products?
- KB#447: How do IDetermine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#415: Can I use PDF-XChange Editor to edit pages?