How do I provide remote access to my computer for the Tracker Software support team in order to resolve an issue?
I've been offered a remote session by the support team to help fix my issue or identify a problem. How do I provide remote access to my computer for the Tracker Software support team in order to resolve the issue?
Please note that support is handled via email in the vast majority of cases. Tracker Software provides remote assistance to users with valid maintenance plans in cases where the usual methods of support cannot resolve the issue. We do not accept connections without prior arrangement, and email support should always be tried first.
Use this method if you have a larger issue that may require us to make registry edits, uninstall programs, or otherwise perform actions that may require a system restart.
1. Download the TeamViewer installer, which is available here.
2. Click the file when the download is complete. The following dialog box will open:
3. Click Run.
4. The TeamViewer Setup dialog box will open:
5. Select an installation option as desired.
6. Select personal / non-commerical use for how you want to use TeamViewer, then read and accept the license agreement and click Accept - finish.
TeamViewer will then install, and your ID and password will be displayed in the TeamViewer dialog box:
7. Send these details to the Tracker Software support team. We will arrange a time for a remote session as soon as possible.
More Like This
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#338: What are the MSI installation switch options for the PDF-XChange family of products?
- KB#447: How do IDetermine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#286: How do Imanage licenses for PDF-XChange Products on a Windows Terminal Server?
- KB#456: How do ICustomize toolbars in the Editor