How do I Combine multiple documents into a single PDF, using the PDF-XChange Editor?
How do I combine multiple documents into a single PDF using PDF-XChange Editor?
To use the Editor to Combine PDF go to File> New Document> Combine files into a single PDF
(Note that creating new documents is a premium feature and requires a valid PDF-XChange Editor license to be used without applying "Demo stamps")
Click add file or Add Folder and browse for the document or folder you want to merge into a single PDF.
You may order the files to be combines by Title, Location, Type, Size, Modified [date] and Page Range in ascending or descending order by clicking on the column heading. The document creation order can be modified manually by using these buttons to move the selected document up or down in the list:
Page Ranges: Click on the Page Ranges button in order to define the pages of the selected files to be included in the new combined document. All pages of each document are included by default.
Options: Click the Options button for additional settings as follows.
- Copy will retain all existing comments without modification.
- Flatten visually retains the comments as base content. Some comments such as sticky notes are not fully compatible with flattening as their content does not pertain to any page coordinate. In such cases only the icon remains.
- Do not copy simply ignores all comments and merges the files themselves.
- Copy allows form fields and their data to be copied into the new PDF. The fields can be modified at will.
- Flatten removes the dynamic element of the form, causing the date to become part of the document instead of the form field.
- Do not copy ignores all form data, but retains the form fields themselves.
- Do not Copy ignores all bookmarks.
- Copy All will copy all bookmarks from each document that is being merged. Some bookmarks may become invalid depending on page range options selected.
- Copy related will copy only bookmarks that are related to the pages resulting from the merge.
Repeat as necessary, you can use (Shift+Click) and (CTRL+Click) to select multiple files/folders. Then click OK.
More Like This
- KB#456: How do ICustomize toolbars in the Editor
- KB#338: What are the MSI installation switch options for the PDF-XChange family of products?
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#447: How do IDetermine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#415: Can I use PDF-XChange Editor to edit pages?