How do I set the snapping function
I use the dimensions/area tool for getting accurate measurements on client supplied CAD drawings - I notice this tool is also available on your software. What I need to know is if the dimension tool 'snaps' to lines rather than approximating points, and can the dimension/areas be scaled for different sizes of drawings.
Setting the Snapping tool
Go to Edit-->Preferences (Ctrl+K)-->Measurement[sidebar] Then check the box next to "Use snapping"
You can set the sensitivity and the behavior of the snapping by clicking "Customize..."
Setting the threshold to "high" will snap to objects from farther away.
Under snap to: the icons you see next to the definition will be the icon that shows up while using a tool to tell you how it is snapped. e.g. mid point:
Notice the little triangle shows that my measurement is snapped to the middle of the current line. This will behave the same way with the other snapping points and their respective icons.
More Like This
- KB#164: How do I change the units of measurement that the measuring tools use?
- KB#348: Why do I receive an error message when I attempt to open certain files from the 'Recent' lists? How do I open these files?
- KB#497: How do I manage scheduled updates using Tracker Updater?
- KB#433: How do I set PDF-XChange Editor to always open a document to a certain page?
- KB#494: How do I modify PDF-XChange Editor settings using an Active Directory Group Policy and an ADMX file?