Determine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
I am trying to install on a computer. I have previously purchased a license, but still get watermarks.
What has likely happened, is you have installed a more recent version than your serial key allows, or, you have not used the appropriate key for your product.
Note: You should uninstall from your old computer before proceeding if you are moving from an old PC to a new one.
Making sure you get the right product
The first step is to determine what product your licenses covers, as well as the license key itself.
In this article, we will assume that you have no access to the information on your old computer. However, if you do, the simplest way to ensure you get the same version you were using onto your new computer is to go to: Help > About
Logging in to your account
If you have previously created an account and successfully logged into it, and remember the account details, Log into your account and skip to Exploring your serial key section in this article.
Help With log in: When you first purchased the product, not including from resellers, or purchases before 2010, an account will have been created automatically in our system. If not specified otherwise, your user name will be the email you first purchased your license with.
Please fill in the appropriate user name. Once you have done so, click "Forgot Password".
The above window will open asking for your email. Be sure to enter a current email address that you have access to.
An email will be sent to you with a link to re-set your password. It will contain a link to this page, It will now give you a rough idea of your password strength, we recommend (but do not require) a Capital, and lower case letter, a symbol, and number to ensure password security. At time of writing all password must be at least 7 characters long.
Once you have filled the above fields, you will be redirected to the log-in page. Use the same user name, and new password.
If you experience problems with logging in to your account after executing the steps described above, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any or all potentially pertinent information (E.G. serial key, name, any/all potential email [if email inactive please specify as such], address, company, order number, or any other information to help us to Identify you).
Exploring your serial key
After successful log in, you will see a page with all your serial keys. Blocked, expired, active; they should all be there.
If the key state is active, and you have active maintenance, upgrading to the latest version will be free. Even if you do not have a free upgrade, you may notice a renewal discount and may wish to upgrade to the latest version regardless. If these are the case, see the following KB on your options to upgrading: http://tracker-software.com/knowledgebase/435
If you are using an old serial, valid only for a previous version, and do not want to upgrade to the latest, you will need to acquaint yourself with a few Items.
- Maintenance expiry date. Found in your account under additional information. You can install a version released before that date.
- Maintenance Explained . Note that you may have an old style serial key that does not work in newer versions of our product, even when you have active maintenance. You will need to upgrade your license. For example, below is an Editor key, with maintenance until Nov 30 2016. Meaning we could use the Editor in the latest version available at that date. For information on how to upgrade serials to the latest version, with active maintenance please see the following link:
- Your serial Key and what product it can be used for: In your account, you will see the product name, build number and serial key:
Given the screenshot, I can use this key for version 6.0.319.0 or older.
- Downloading the appropriate version: In a new tab within the browser, go to: https://www.tracker-software.com/knowledgebase/463-All-Versions-and-installers
For more information, or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com
More Like This
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#139: How do I set the default style of annotations in PDF-XChange Viewer and PDF-XChange Editor?
- KB#72: How do I copy an image from an existing PDF file to a new PDF file and retain the original dimensions?
- KB#286: How do I manage licenses for PDF-XChange Editor on a Windows Terminal Server?
- KB#379: How do I enter serial keys manually for the PDF-XChange family of products?