How do I disable the IE plug-in for the Editor
I mistakenly installed PDF-XChange Editor specifying to view PDF in browser. I have gone in to the Preferences under File associations and set View PDF file in Internet Explorer to No, but still, PDF files are opening in the Internet Explorer.
When this happens, there are only two ways to disable the IE plug in. You can disable it through the registry, or "break" the plug-in.
Disable the plug-in:
Please go to regedit.exe and delete all of the following entries:
Break the plug-in:
Go to C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Editor and rename the file extension for the following
Both these methods work, however, for future installations, we recommend using the registry method.
More Like This
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#227: I have an issue using the PDF-XChange SDK sample code with Microsoft Visual Basic in 'Interactive Mode' for debugging.
- KB#338: What are the MSI installation switch options for the PDF-XChange family of products?
- KB#447: How do IDetermine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#286: How do Imanage licenses for PDF-XChange Products on a Windows Terminal Server?