How do I Duplicate objects?
How can I quickly and easily duplicate an object on multiple pages in a PDF?
You will need to use the Duplicate function. In the following example, we will place the same annotation on each page of the document, in the same location.
First, be sure focus is on the desired object (simply select the object or annotation to focus on it).
On the Home tab, under Selection, click Duplicate.
The duplicate options dialog will open.
The default is to duplicate once per page, for 1 page (this will place one copy, on the next page, and then stop duplicating).
- These parameters are subject to preference. For example you can make it happen once every 2 pages, for 7 pages.
- If the annotation is first on page one, and you set the offset to 3, the annotation will be duplicated on pages 4,7,10 and so on.
- If the annotation is first on page one, and you set the offset to 2, the annotation will be duplicated on pages 3,5,7,9 and so on.
The Duplicate to Pages from a Range option allows you to specify specificy pages to duplicate to, and even allows multiple duplicates to be places on each page:
- The Selected Pages option will light up if you have the Thumbnails pane (CTRL+T) open and have selected any pages within it.
- The Pages option is highly versatile, much like all other page ranges windows in Editor V7 and later,
- If you use (-10), it will append to all paged up to and including page 10.
- If you use (5-), it will begin on page 5 and continue to the end of the document.
- You can separate individual pages and groups like the above with commas, so writing (-10, 12-16, 18, 22-), will append to pages 1-10, 12-16, 18, and 22-the end of the document.
- The Duplicates per Page option allows you to specify if you would like to have more than one copy place on the page. eg. If you plan on having 3 of the same image on some pages, use (8, 8, 8).
Please email Support@tracker-software.com with any questions or concerns you my have.
More Like This
- KB#456: How do ICustomize toolbars in the Editor
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#338: What are the MSI installation switch options for the PDF-XChange family of products?
- KB#447: Determine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#415: Can I use PDF-XChange Editor to edit pages?