How do I create/share a digital signature?
Once a signature is created, it can be used quickly for future signing efforts, or shared with other users, please see below for steps on each process.
Create a Certificate
You will first need to create the certificate and the image you would like to use (and if sharing, ensure the image is in a shared network location).
1. Open a new document and use the Sign Document tool under the Protect Tab.
- Choose “Use Certificate from file”
2. Click Create Certificate:
3. Fill in the fields as desired, then be sure to select “New PKCS#12 Digital ID File”
4. Once you have set a password, click okay, you will then be prompted to save the file to a location.
- If sharing the signature, ensure you save this to a network location that is accessible to all users who will be using it.
5. Select Manage:
6. Select the template you would like to share, and click Edit:
7. Choose Custom Icon (If sharing this should also be available on the shared network location):
8. Deselect all aspects of the certificate you do not want displayed:
At this point, you should have a certificate with an image ready to use for signing, possibly in a shared location.
1. Open the File tab and choose Manage Settings > Export Settings:
2. Select Digital Signature Appearance Templates and Deselect all other options:
3. Save the settings Export to an easily accessible location with a user friendly name:
4. Distribute this file to your users, and have them Import this file into their PDF-XChange Editor or Editor Plus application in order to finalize the sharing process.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please send an email to email@example.com