Windows can't install the PDF-XChange V6 Printer Driver (Lite) kernel-mode print driver.
I installed the PDF-XChange Lite printer and it gave me the following error: "Windows can't install the PDF-XChange V6 Printer Driver (Lite) kernel-mode print driver. To obtain a driver that is compatible with the version of Windows you are running, contact the manufacturer."
This issue is caused by an out of date Windows 10 driver file: MXDWDRV.DLL.
The problem mostly concerns the users who were running Windows 10 Insider Preview.
We also had one user who used WIndows reset feature and some his files were updated to an interim version.
Upgrade to the latest Windows 10 Update seems to fix the issue.
This update was released in April, but is still in the process of delivery to the users through WIndows Update.
For those who cannot wait MS provides a separate installer:
If this resolution is ineffective then an alternative resolution is available as detailed here.
More Like This
- KB#321: How do I upload a file to the Tracker Software FTP server?
- KB#171: Can I distribute PDF-XChange Viewer and PDF-XChange Editor?
- KB#431: The Editor doesn't spell check in my language, can I change this?
- KB#264: I have a problem with File Associations and making PDF-XChange Viewer the default PDF Viewer
- KB#503: How do I perform an unattended uninstall of all Tracker Software products older than a specific version?