Windows can't install the PDF-XChange V6 Printer Driver (Lite) kernel-mode print driver.
I installed the PDF-XChange Lite printer and it gave me the following error: "Windows can't install the PDF-XChange V6 Printer Driver (Lite) kernel-mode print driver. To obtain a driver that is compatible with the version of Windows you are running, contact the manufacturer."
This issue is caused by an out of date Windows 10 driver file: MXDWDRV.DLL.
The problem mostly concerns the users who were running Windows 10 Insider Preview.
We also had one user who used WIndows reset feature and some his files were updated to an interim version.
Upgrade to the latest Windows 10 Update seems to fix the issue.
This update was released in April, but is still in the process of delivery to the users through WIndows Update.
For those who cannot wait MS provides a separate installer:
If this resolution is ineffective then an alternative resolution is available as detailed here.
More Like This
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#338: What are the MSI installation switch options for the PDF-XChange family of products?
- KB#447: Determine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#286: How do Imanage licenses for PDF-XChange Editor on a Windows Terminal Server?
- KB#242: Where can I download language packs for the PDF-XChange products?