Windows can't install the PDF-XChange V6 Printer Driver (Lite) kernel-mode print driver.
I installed the PDF-XChange Lite printer and it gave me the following error: "Windows can't install the PDF-XChange V6 Printer Driver (Lite) kernel-mode print driver. To obtain a driver that is compatible with the version of Windows you are running, contact the manufacturer."
This issue is caused by an out of date Windows 10 driver file: MXDWDRV.DLL.
The problem mostly concerns the users who were running Windows 10 Insider Preview.
We also had one user who used WIndows reset feature and some his files were updated to an interim version.
Upgrade to the latest Windows 10 Update seems to fix the issue.
This update was released in April, but is still in the process of delivery to the users through WIndows Update.
For those who cannot wait MS provides a separate installer:
More Like This
- KB#342: I have a problem with the PDF-XChange 4 Pro installer not completing.
- KB#220: Can I import print driver profiles from version 3.60 to version 4?
- KB#438: Version 5.5 - Instructions For Existing Customers With Expired Product Maintenance
- KB#279: I have a problem with copying text from a PDF document.
- KB#34: How do I distribute the PDF-XChange driver to my clients? Which files do I need in order to deploy my SDK-created application?