I experience issues rendering PDF-XChange Editor, Viewer or PDF-Tools on a second monitor in Windows 7.
The main window of the software presents as the same color as the desktop background:
The main window blurs when it is moved outside of the screen and back into view:
This issue arose as a result of the KB4034664 update for Windows 7 that was released on August 8th, 2017.
We have resolved this issue. Please update to the 6.0.322.7 builds (or later) of our products, which are available here.
Alternatively, remove the KB4034664 update for Windows 7 update from your computer, or use the following workaround:
1. Move to the Control Panel.
2. Click System.
3. Click Advanced System Settings in the Control Panel Home tab.
4. Click Settings in the Performance section.
5. Select the Enable desktop composition and Use visual styles on windows and buttons boxes:
6. Click Apply.
More Like This
- KB#415: Can I use PDF-XChange Editor to edit pages?
- KB#268: Why do the PDF-XChange products display the "File Info" of some PDF files in strange characters, whereas Adobe and other programs display readable information?
- KB#50: Error when running application scheduled task
- KB#231: Why doesn't the PDFXCview.exe process end when I close the application?
- KB#456: How do ICustomize toolbars in the Editor