I experience issues rendering PDF-XChange Editor, Viewer or PDF-Tools on a second monitor in Windows 7.
The main window of the software presents as the same color as the desktop background:
The main window blurs when it is moved outside of the screen and back into view:
This issue arose as a result of the KB4034664 update for Windows 7 that was released on August 8th, 2017.
We have resolved this issue. Please update to the 6.0.322.7 builds (or later) of our products, which are available here.
Alternatively, remove the KB4034664 update for Windows 7 update from your computer, or use the following workaround:
1. Move to the Control Panel.
2. Click System.
3. Click Advanced System Settings in the Control Panel Home tab.
4. Click Settings in the Performance section.
5. Select the Enable desktop composition and Use visual styles on windows and buttons boxes:
6. Click Apply.
More Like This
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#139: How do I set the default style of annotations in PDF-XChange Viewer and PDF-XChange Editor?
- KB#447: Determine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#72: How do I copy an image from an existing PDF file to a new PDF file and retain the original dimensions?
- KB#415: Can I use PDF-XChange Editor to manipulate pages?