How do I log an installation for Support
I am experiencing an issue during installation and Tracker Support has asked me for an installation log file.
Tracker Support will ask for an installation log as it may be crucial in determining the cause for the issue you are experiencing.
First, you will need to download and save the MSI package for the installer you wish to log to your default downloads folder. Please note that if you are using a 32 bit operating system that you must use the 32 bit MSI installer, and you must use the 64 bit MSI installer if you are using a 64 bit operating system in order for this to work. Zip/exe installers will not work! Installers can be found here: https://www.tracker-software.com/knowledgebase/463-All-Versions-and-installers
If you are unsure of which installer to use please consult our support staff if the installer link was not already provided to you (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Now that Windows is set up, you can start preparing the installation
- Launch an administrative command prompt: Go to the Start Menu and search for ‘CMD’. In windows 8 and 10, simply start typing with the start menu open in order to initiate a search. Right click the search result and choose ‘Run as administrator’. It is imperative to click on ‘Run as administrator’ even if you are logged in as the administrative user.
- Type the following command into the command prompt:
msiexec.exe -i %systemdrive%%homepath%\downloads\EditorV6.x64.msi /lvx!* "%systemdrive%%homepath%\Desktop\Log.log"
NOTE: You may be asked to log a different installer, please copy the name of the installer exactly and replace ‘EditorV6.x64.msi’ with the correct name of the installer you are using. You must include the .msi file extension in order for the installer to be recognized.
Once this is done, you should see a file on your desktop called Log.log. Please send it to email@example.com.
More Like This
- KB#366: How do I make Thunderbird the default mail client for the "Send by E-mail" feature in PDF-XChange Editor?
- KB#317: How do I use Orca and mst to deploy your products
- KB#274: I have a problem with installing v.3 PDF-XChange on my new computer.
- KB#291: I installed PDF-XChange 4.0 / 5.0 (2012) but the Office Addin Toolbars are not available in my MS Office 2003 applications.
- KB#338: What are the MSI installation switch options for the PDF-XChange family of products?