I have a problem with BSOD when using SaveAs on a Citrix XenServer Terminal Server
When users save a file using Save As on a Citrix XenServer (Terminal Server) to a USB device the server crashes with a BSOD.
This appears to be caused by the way atomic ReOpen is handles on these servers.
Use our Active Directory Group Policy Template for the Editor to disable atomic ReOpen and use the more traditional CreateFile/CloseHandle pair of functions.
The Group Policy Template can be downloaded from here:
This KB describes how to set up the template on a domain controller to make it available in the Central Store along with default templates - there is nothing unique to ours, it works like any other Administrative Template.
Set it to Disabled to use the CreateFile/CloseHandle pair of functions:
Should the above not solve this issue, there is an alternative. You may apply the registry key linked Here under HKCU. We have found in instances where the fix does not work in HKLM, that current user seems to do the trick. If neither of these options help, please contact email@example.com
More Like This
- KB#338: What are the MSI installation switch options for the PDF-XChange family of products?
- KB#518: I have a problem with BSOD when using SaveAs on a Citrix XenServer Terminal Server
- KB#502: How do Iset per user preferences to make PDF files display in IE using a Group Policy?
- KB#415: Can I use PDF-XChange Editor to edit pages?
- KB#269: Who owns the PDF format?