How do I create SharePoint log files for the Tracker Support team?
The SharePoint plugin is not working correctly. How do I create and send the requested log files to the Tracker Software support team?
Follow the steps detailed below to create and send log files. Please note that these instructions apply to build 325.1 and later:
1. Open PDF-XChange Editor.
2. Click the File tab, then click Preferences (or press Ctrl+K). The Preferences dialog box will open.
3. Click SharePoint in the Categories pane, and then select the Write log to file box in the Logging section:
4. Click Apply.
5. Reproduce the issue that you are experiencing.
6. Click the File tab, then click Preferences (or press Ctrl+K). The Preferences dialog box will open.
7. Click SharePoint in the Categories pane.
8. Click Open Folder in the Logging section:
The folder that contains the log files will open.
9. Compress all files in the folder. The simplest way to do this is to group-select the files, then right-click, hover over Send To and click Compressed (zipped) folder:
10. Send the compressed folder to email@example.com
Note that if you do not want to continue to create log files, then disable the Write to log file box detailed in step three above.
More Like This
- KB#456: How do ICustomize toolbars in the Editor
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#338: What are the MSI installation switch options for the PDF-XChange family of products?
- KB#447: Determine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#286: How do Imanage licenses for PDF-XChange Editor on a Windows Terminal Server?