How do I use a presets file?
This questions was asked by a forum user:
If I have multiple installations, is there an option to configure the timestamp server for all clients/users in a central location?
We have recently added ne functionality to the Editor, by the way of preset files. These files hold set informaton to be used by systems within the PDF-XChange lineup. They can contain information to be used for timestamps, color Managment, Watermarks, Header & Footer, and many other options.
There are currently 3 methods for applying preset files,
Click one of the above links to jump to that section.
This example will use the Timestamp Server options.
1. Open the PDF-XChange Editor and create a new document.
2. On the Protect tab, click Timestamp.
3. From the Timestamp Server dropdown menu, click Manage.
4. In the resulting dialog, click Import to select the presets file
5. Upon importing the file, it should appear in the Manage Presets Window.
6. The presets file has now been imported and you can select it from the Timestamp Server dropdown in any signature field in the future.
This method will affect only the current user.
1. Open the Windows File Explorer, and navigate to %appdata%\Tracker Software\PDFXeditor\3.0
2. Create a folder and name it Presets
3. Drag and drop your current presets file into the resulting folder.
4. Upon next opening the Editor, you should find that the presets have been imported to the respective tools, and are accessible only to the current user.
This method will affect all local users.
1. Open the Windows File Explorer, and navigate to %programfiles%\Tracker Software\PDF Editor
More Like This
- KB#447: Determine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#338: What are the MSI installation switch options for the PDF-XChange family of products?
- KB#269: Who owns the PDF format?
- KB#456: How do ICustomize toolbars in the Editor