Advanced Dynamic Stamp Creation
Tracker-Software Support may be unable to assist you with the advanced JS involved here, as such any JS questions are best directed to our Forums.
As with creating Dynamic Stamps, these actions require a valid PDF-XChange Editor Plus or PDF-XChange PRO license to be performed.
If you need to review these aspects, please re-read these articles:
- Creating, Saving and Customizing Stamps with the Stamp Palette
- Creating Dynamic stamps from existing Stamps
With this information, you are able to create a stamp and add in Dynamic elements, the purpose of this article is to supplement the steps involved in creating custom operations, dialogs, and adding user input to these dynamic stamps. Some examples of where this could be useful:
- Manually entered Dates (.txt Example here)
- Drop down selections
- "More info" text boxes
Ensure you have read the Review section before beginning this proces.
This example will use the Manually Entered Date JS example in the txt file above.
1. Open the Stamp PDF file and select the field for which you wish to view a dialog box for additional input, then open the Properties pane (Ctrl+`):
- Most advanced stamps make some reference to the "Stamp ID", including our example stamp. To locate this after creating your initial static version of the stamp, place it and you will see an ID in the properties pane:
- Take this ID and be sure to overwrite the original Stamp ID in the example file (or any other stamps you may be using) in any locations where it is referenced:
4. After finishing this, applying the JS, and saving the document, you can then test placing the stamp
If you cannot save the document because it is "In use" by the Editor, this is likely because you are directly editing the document from within the dynamic stamps folder:
- Save As... the document to your Desktop, then Close the Editor (do not change the file name)
- Open the dynamic stamps directory located at ( %appdata%\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Stamps )
- Move the new stamp from the desktop into this folder and Overwrite the old version.
- Reopen the Editor and the new stamp should have taken the old stamps place.
5. Upon placing the example stamp a "Specify Date" dialog opens, to ask for user input prior to placing the stamp:
Your Stamp should work similarly when it is complete. You can download the sample stamp file for reference here.
More Like This
- KB#456: How do ICustomize toolbars in the Editor
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#338: What are the MSI installation switch options for the PDF-XChange family of products?
- KB#447: How do IDetermine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#139: How do Iset the default style of annotations in PDF-XChange Editor and Viewer?