Oftentimes this issue simply needs a "re-registration" of our shell extensions. If you have not already done so, please see this article:
If that does not resolve the issue, Windows, or another third party application may have "blocked" our shell extensions from being enabled.
If Re-registering the Shell extensions did not work, please try the following.
1. Ensure all instances of our software, and your file browsers are closed.
2. Open the windows start menu, and type "Regedit.exe" then press enter to launch the application.
3. In the address bar that appears, paste the following:
4. As in the picture above, select the "blocked" key, right click it, and choose "delete"
5. Finally, restart your PC, and then once more, re-register the shell extensions, as per this article: https://www.tracker-software.com/knowledgebase/395-How-do-I-re-register-the-shell-extensions
You should now find that the shell extensions are properly enabled.
You can contact us by phone, email or our social media accounts — we are here to assist you.