Does the PDF Tools SDK support low-level API?
Does the PDF-Tools API support low-level API?
Yes, the PDF-Tools SDK supports low-level API. This feature and others, such as the creation and editing of Adobe Acroforms and digital signatures, requires a full PDF-XChange PRO SDK license. Free and fully-functioning demos of our SDK products are available here.
Please note that the low-level API is a powerful set of functions that enables developers to make changes at the most fundamental level of PDF files. Whilst this is very useful from a developmental perspective, indiscriminate use will undoubtedly lead to file corruption and other issues. Tracker Software will not accept any responsibility, should such problems arise, and we advise emphatically that developers exercise caution and patience when the low-level API is utilized.
If you request support in relation to the low-level API then we will expect you to have a thorough working knowledge of PDF and the associated Adobe documentation. The best references for this are:
These documents provide a comprehensive description/analysis of PDF and are intended for developers of PDF-related software. They contain sufficient information to enable developers to write applications that read PDF files and/or modify their content.
More Like This
- KB#447: How do IDetermine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#286: How do Imanage licenses for PDF-XChange Products on a Windows Terminal Server?
- KB#186: How do IRemove Watermarks from my Document, and why are they there?
- KB#54: How do Iupgrade my existing product to a different product or a more recent version?
- KB#50: Error when running application scheduled task