How do I use the PDF-to-text functions of the PDF-XChange Pro SDK to extract text from the fields of a flat PDF form?
How do I use the PDF-to-Text functions of the PDF-XChange PRO SDK to extract text from the fields of a flattened PDF form?
The text extraction functions of the PDF-XChange PRO SDK cannot be used for this purpose. This is because the extraction algorithm cannot recognise forms or their data after the process of flattening occurs. AcroForm field data can be extracted only when the PDF is in active AcroForm format. When PDF forms are flattened all references to fields and their data is lost.
More Like This
- KB#72: How do Icopy an image from an existing PDF file to a new PDF file and retain the original dimensions?
- KB#227: I have an issue using the PDF-XChange SDK sample code with Microsoft Visual Basic in 'Interactive Mode' for debugging.
- KB#50: Error when running application scheduled task
- KB#265: Why aren't all orphaned printers removed in my PDF-XChange SDK-developed application?
- KB#34: How do Idistribute the PDF-XChange driver to my clients? Which files do I need in order to deploy my SDK-created application?