Does the PDF-Tools 4 SDK support PDF attachments?
Does the PDF-Tools 4 SDK support PDF attachments? Viewers usually show an attachment list for PDFs, from which files can be opened, edited and/or saved.
The standard functions of the PDF-Tools 4 SDK do not support attachments at this time.
However, the low-level API can be used to handle attachments. Please note that some knowledge of PDF specification is required in order to utlize the low-level API. The low-level API is a powerful set of functions that enables developers to make changes at the most fundamental level of PDF files. Whilst this is very useful from a developmental perspective, indiscriminate use will undoubtedly lead to file corruption and other issues. Tracker Software will not accept any responsibility, should such problems arise, and we advise emphatically that developers exercise caution and patience when the low-level API is utilized.
If you request support in relation to the low-level API then we will expect you to have a thorough working knowledge of PDF and the associated Adobe documentation. The best references for this are:
These documents provide a comprehensive description/analysis of PDF and are intended for developers of PDF-related software. They contain sufficient information to enable developers to write applications that read PDF files and/or modify their content.
More Like This
- KB#50: Error when running application scheduled task
- KB#456: How do ICustomize toolbars in the Editor
- KB#34: How do Idistribute the PDF-XChange driver to my clients? Which files do I need in order to deploy my SDK-created application?
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#338: What are the MSI installation switch options for the PDF-XChange family of products?