I have a problem with PXC_DrawTextExW.
I am having a problem with PXC_DrawTextExW.
When I try to draw some portion of text into a merged PDF file, which is initiated via
then call PXCp_llGetPageByIndex(PDFid, pageToPlace, out pageID);
then call PXC_DrawTextExW(pageID, ref rect, text, 0, text.Length, 0, ref opts);
I receive an error.
This is correct behavior. Why? Because you are mixing function from different pdf SDKs.
The rule is simple: functions begin with PXCp_*, PXP_* and PXCV_* representing different pdf SDK's (pdf modification, pdf creation and simple pdf rendering corresponding), and any object created using functions from one of the SDK's cannot be used in the other two. If you need to add some content on existing PDF you may do it in one of two ways:
1. Use xcpro40 Low-Level API only (requires a lot of work, but allows almost everything that is allowed by the Adobe PDF Reference Specification).
2. Create new document with additional content using pxclib40, save it to disk (in temporary file) and then combine with existing pdf using PXCp_PlaceContents function (see PDFTools4SDK.pdf help file pg. 265, Topic: 126.96.36.199 PXCp_PlaceContents)
More Like This
- KB#72: How do Icopy an image from an existing PDF file to a new PDF file and retain the original dimensions?
- KB#227: I have an issue using the PDF-XChange SDK sample code with Microsoft Visual Basic in 'Interactive Mode' for debugging.
- KB#50: Error when running application scheduled task
- KB#51: I have a problem with my web application making calls to PXCLIB40.dll when running in 64 bit development environment
- KB#118: Can I use the PDF-XChange print driver from Delphi 5 to save a Quick Report as a PDF file without user intervention?