I have a problem with emailing PDF documents using the default mail client.
I have set Microsoft Outlook (or any other email client) as the default email client in Windows. However, when I try to email a PDF using the default email client option in PDF-XChange Editor, I receive an error, or a different email client is used.
This issue is caused by a bug in a Windows update that was released in December 2017. The bug results in the incorrect reading of default file associations - especially in the case of mail protocols - and it affects many applications.
The Tracker Software development team have tested this issue under the Microsoft Insider Builds program, which ensures software is compatible with an update prior to Windows making the update publicly available. The Microsoft Insider Builds of Windows 7 to Windows 10 indicate that Microsoft has fixed this bug, and the fix should be made available in the next major Windows update.
Tracker Software have found that a reinstallation (or installation repair) of the problematic mail client should correct the issue and result in the expected default protocols being used. We advise our users to avail of this workaround untl the next windows update is released. If you need assistance with repairing or installing your mail client then please contact the software publisher.
More Like This
- KB#447: How do IDetermine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#338: What are the MSI installation switch options for the PDF-XChange family of products?
- KB#269: Who owns the PDF format?
- KB#456: How do ICustomize toolbars in the Editor