How do I create and use dynamic stamps in PDF-XChange Viewer and PDF-XChange Editor?
How do I create dynamic stamps in PDF-XChange Editor Plus?
Please note that it is necessary to have PDF-XChange Editor Plus or PDF-XChange PRO in order to carry out the operation detailed below, as forms functionality is required.
1. You will first need to create the visual aspects of what will become your stamp. This can be an existing image or PDF. You will find generic instructions on creating stamps here: https://www.tracker-software.com/knowledgebase/174-How-do-I-use-the-Stamps-Palette-to-create-and-save-customized-stamps-for-the-Stamp-Tool
In this example I have created a new PDF, and added a rectangle and some static text:
2. Save and close this PDF. It is named "DavidStampTest.pdf" in this example.
3. With any other PDF document open, go to the stamps pallet, and choose Add New Stamp from File:
4. Choose "DavidStampTest.pdf" and give it a name suited for the stamp you are creating. You should see the new stamp in your collection once saved:
**Note: You cannot add stamps to the default "Dynamic dates" stamp collection, as that is a locked collection.
5. Close the PDF-XChange Editor. This is a crucial step that must not be overlooked.
6. Open two Windows Explorer windows side by side. In one, navigate to %Appdata%\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Stamps. In the other, navigate to any folder in your system to use as a intermediary location. The desktop is to be used in this example.
7. Locate, but do not open the programmatic, specially formatted Stamp Collection file containing your new stamp in %Appdata%\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Stamps:
8. Move that specially formatted Stamp Collection file to your desktop.
9. Open the stamp collection file you just moved to your desktop. It should be opened in the PDF-XChange Editor.
12. This step is usually where a mistake will be made, if any. Please save and close the file to its current location - do not rename it.
13. move the stamp collection file from your desktop (or whichever file you moved it to in step 8) back into %appdata%\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Stamps
More Like This
- KB#456: How do ICustomize toolbars in the Editor
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#447: Determine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#338: What are the MSI installation switch options for the PDF-XChange family of products?
- KB#415: Can I use PDF-XChange Editor to edit pages?