How do I create and use dynamic stamps in PDF-XChange Viewer and PDF-XChange Editor?
How do I create dynamic stamps in PDF-XChange Editor Plus?
Please note that it is necessary to have PDF-XChange Editor Plus or PDF-XChange PRO in order to carry out the operation detailed below, as forms functionality is required.
You will first need to create the visual aspects of what will become your stamp. This can be an existing image or PDF. You will find general instructions on creating basic stamps here.
1. In this example, we have created a new PDF, and added a Rectangle and some static text (with the Typewriter):
2. With that PDF document open, go to the stamps pallet, and choose Add New Stamp from active document:
3. Give it a name suited for the stamp you are creating. You should see the new stamp in your collection once saved (as above).
**Note: You cannot add stamps to the "Dynamic dates" collection, as that is a locked collection. If you still see this collection as an option, you are using an older build of the software and it is recommended that you update.
4. Open two Windows Explorer windows side by side. In one, navigate to %Appdata%\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Stamps. In the other, navigate to any folder in your system to use as a intermediary location. The Desktop is to be used in this example.
5. Locate, but do not open, the specially formatted Stamp Collection file containing your new stamp in %Appdata%\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Stamps (we recommend enabling the preview window so that you can locate the correct document):
6. Move that specially formatted Stamp Collection file to your Desktop.
7. Open the stamp collection file you just moved to your desktop. It should be opened in the PDF-XChange Editor.
8. Add Form fields (usually text fields) that will contain the dynamic elements of your soon-to-be dynamic stamp.
var d = new Date;
event.value = util.printd("yyyy/mm/dd/ HH:MM:ss", d);
11. This step is usually where a mistake will be made, if any. Please save the file to its current location - DO NOT rename it.
12. Close the PDF-XChange Editor.
13. Move the stamp collection file back into %appdata%\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Stamps
More Like This
- KB#456: How do ICustomize toolbars in the Editor
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#447: How do IDetermine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#338: What are the MSI installation switch options for the PDF-XChange family of products?
- KB#195: What is the difference between "Place Signature" and "Sign Document" in PDF-XChange Viewer?