How do I split pages in PDF XChange Editor
I have pages in my PDF that I need split into multiple separate pages each, how do I do this?
Please take a look at the included step by step instructions
Or watch the video on how you can split pages with the PDF-XChange Editor prior to V7 here.
This Details how each setting works in the split function,
- Navigate to the Organize tab, and click the Split dropdown menu, then click on Split Pages:
- The resulting window has many functions, which are detailed below:
- Use relative offset values (percentages): This will display the split values as percentages, instead of the point value of the location on the page.
- Under Settings, we have a few options:
- Remove source pages after splitting them: This will effectively delete the page after it has been split, Leaving the document with only the split variants in its place. Unchecking this will result in the split pages appearing immediately after the original.
- Use Right to Left splitting method: This will render the pages in a different order, When following the below instructions the final result would order the pages displaying 2,1,4,3 instead of 1,2,3,4.
- Select Split Method: has two options:
- Change the physical size of the page(s), will Change the size of the page, deleting the outer areas, This may also reduce file size by a small amount.
- Redefine the visible area (crop box) of the page(s), The Default setting, this essentially duplicates the original page, and then only displays the portion you have selected on each split.
- Page Range uses the standard selection options that match every other function in PDF-XChange software.
- All, will perform the operation on all pages,
- Current Page, will perform the operation on only the page currently displayed in the main Editor window.
- Selected Pages, is only functional if you have the thumbnails pane (CTRL+T) open and have selected one or more pages within it before beginning the split operation.
- Pages [range], allows you to specify specific pages to perform the operation on.
V5/6 video tutorial
This feature is available from build 314 onwards. The pages have now been split to your specifications.
More Like This
- KB#456: How do ICustomize toolbars in the Editor
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#338: What are the MSI installation switch options for the PDF-XChange family of products?
- KB#447: How do IDetermine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#415: Can I use PDF-XChange Editor to edit pages?