I have a problem with installing or updating the Editor while running Windows 7
I am running Windows 7, and have found that attempting to install or update results in one of these error messages:
This is usually only seen on fresh or very recent Windows 7 installs which have missed some updates. It is caused by an issue in Windows Security updates, specifically speaking, the update mentioned here is missing:
This leads to Windows preventing us from proceeding with the update or install process.
Simply installing the Security updates listed in the article above will suffice, however as stated in our manuals "We recommend that users install the latest Microsoft Windows service packs and updates before using our products, as doing so will ensure the greatest possible performance of the software." it is highly recommended to install all windows updates before you attempt an installation, especially if you are using a no longer fully supported OS, such as Windows 7.
More Like This
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#338: What are the MSI installation switch options for the PDF-XChange family of products?
- KB#447: Determine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#286: How do Imanage licenses for PDF-XChange Products on a Windows Terminal Server?
- KB#242: Where can I download language packs for the PDF-XChange products?