How do I use the PDF-Tools 4 SDK to convert PDF to .DOC or .RTF?
How do I use the PDF-Tools 4 SDK to convert PDF to .doc or .rtf? Can programmatic access be used to extract text from PDF documents?
The DLLs that we provide do not contain built-in functionality to convert from PDF to .doc or .rtf. We intend to implement this functionality in the PDF-XChange Viewer ActiveX SDK in the future. Therefore, it is necessary for developers to use the xcpro40 low-level API to create their own routines in order to write content to different formats.
Please note that the low-level API is a powerful set of functions that enables developers to make changes at the most fundamental level of PDF files. Whilst this is very useful from a developmental perspective, indiscriminate use will undoubtedly lead to file corruption and other issues. Tracker Software will not accept any responsibility, should such problems arise, and we advise emphatically that developers exercise caution and patience when the low-level API is utilized.
If you request support in relation to the low-level API then we will expect you to have a thorough working knowledge of PDF and the associated Adobe documentation. The best references for this are:
These documents provide a comprehensive description/analysis of PDF and are intended for developers of PDF-related software. They contain sufficient information to enable developers to write applications that read PDF files and/or modify their content.
More Like This
- KB#72: How do Icopy an image from an existing PDF file to a new PDF file and retain the original dimensions?
- KB#227: I have an issue using the PDF-XChange SDK sample code with Microsoft Visual Basic in 'Interactive Mode' for debugging.
- KB#50: Error when running application scheduled task
- KB#76: Can any of the Tracker Software SDKs convert PDF pages to raster image format?
- KB#265: Why aren't all orphaned printers removed in my SDK-developed application?