How do I
create new named destinations in PDF-XChange Editor and PDF-XChange Viewer?
How do I create new named destinations in PDF-XChange Editor andPDF-XChange Viewer?
How do I create named destinations in order to bookmark PDF documents?
The Destinations pane is used to create and edit named destinations in PDF-XChange Editor:
1. On the View tab, Navigate to the Panes Dropdown menu and click Destinations:
The Named Destinations pane will open.
2. Move to the desired document page, then use the view/zoom settings to determine the new named destination.
3. Click the plus icon in the Named Destiantions pane (or press Insert when the pane is selected) to create a new named destination. It will appear in the Named Destinations pane as detailed below:
3. Edit the name of the named destination as desired.
Click named destinations in the pane to move to their location in the document.
Click the Set option (tick icon) to change the location of an existing named destination to the current view.
Click the Delete option to delete named destinations.
The Link Tool can be used to create named destinations in PDF-XChange Viewer:
1. Click Tools in the Menu Toolbar, then hover over Link Tools and click either Rectangle Link Tool or Quadrilateral Link Tool:
This example will use the Rectangle Tool:
2. Click and drag the pointer to determine an area:
The Link Properties dialog box will open:
3. Select the Actions category, click the Add tab and then click Add "Go to a page in this document":
The New Action dialog box will open:
4. Select the Use Named Destination option button, then use the Zoom Out/Zoom In buttons and scrollbars to determine the view of the new named destination.
5. When the desired view has been determined, click Add Current View to create a new named desination. It will then be available in the Destination Name pane.
Follow steps 1-4 above, then select named destinations in the Destination Name pane and click OK to create a link to a named destination. N.b. it is necessary to disable the Link Tool in order to test/use links.