How do I create a dump file and send it to Tracker-Software for investigation?
I have a repetitive crash or hang and tracker software has asked me to send them a dump file.
If they asked for a Crash Dump, follow these instructions
If they asked for a Memory or Process Dump, follow these instructions
These Dump files can be very large, and may not fit into an email, you can send a download link if you have a personal sever (like dropbox), or Use Our Upload Server.
1. Create the Registry Key LocalDumps.
Open regedit.exe and navigate to this location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps
If LocalDumps does not exist under windows error reporting, you must create it by right clicking on Windows Error reporting-->New-->Key: be sure to name the new key "LocalDumps".
Alternately, download and extract the registry key from the follow ZIP archive, then right click and select Open (depending on your version of Windows, the option may be Run or Merge instead):
2. Restart the machine
This is crucial to the process working, if you do not restart the reg key will not go into effect. Please save and close all open documents beforehand.
3. Reproduce the crash
4. Locate the crash dump file
Go to file explorer and type %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps into the address bar. Find the most recent (order by date modified)
1. Create the dump using the Task manager
Begin by opening the taskmanager with CTRL+Shift+Esc. Then click the More Details button in the bottom corner.
2. Create the dump file
By Right-Clicking on the process, and then clicking on Create Dump.
3. Locate the Dump File
Give the program a minute to create the dump file, then copy the location from the dialog
More Like This
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#447: Determine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#139: How do I set the default style of annotations in PDF-XChange Viewer and PDF-XChange Editor?
- KB#415: Can I use PDF-XChange Editor to manipulate pages?
- KB#286: How do I manage licenses for PDF-XChange Editor on a Windows Terminal Server?