I have a problem with the Tracker Updater failing to update my products.
I recieve an error message and the update fails when I try to update the product. What should I do?
Please note that ff you see the error message below then see KB 524.
The fastest way to resolve this issue is to email us with a screenshot of the error message that you received, and a log from the Tracker Updater. Follow the steps below to create the log:
1. Open the Windows search prompt, then enter "regedit" (as detailed below) and press Enter. Note that administrative privileges are required to access the windows registry. If you do not have these then ask your network administrator to perform this task for you.
2. Click Yes in the User Account Control dialog box. The Windows Registry will open.
Note that the Windows Registry is browsed in the same manner as Windows Explorer - click folders to expand them and view their subfolders.
3. Move to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Tracker Software\Tracker Update:
4. Right-click anywhere in the whites pace, click New and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value:
5. A new key will appear at the bottom of the list. Name the new key DebugLevel:
6. Press Enter, or click outside of the text box, then right-click the DebugLevel key and click Modify in the submenu:
7. Ensure that the Base option is set to Hexadecimal, then enter 5 in the Value data text box:
8. Click OK.
9. Close Regedit.
10. Ensure that the Tracker Updater is closed, then open the Windows search prompt, enter "Tracker Updater" and press Enter. The Tracker Updater will open.
11. Click the icon in the upper-left corner of the user interface (detailed below) and click Prepare Data for Report:
Note that in older builds this option is listed as "Preparing data to reporting" - as in the image above.
12. Click Yes in the Preparing data report dialog box:
The output folder will open and the XML file that contains the log will be selected, as detailed below. (Note that the name of this file varies depending on the build).
13. Attach this file to the email and send it to Tracker Software.
More Like This
- KB#282: Why won't the "Send by E-mail" feature work in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook?
- KB#338: What are the MSI installation switch options for the PDF-XChange family of products?
- KB#447: Determine what version I should install/how can I retrieve my serial key?
- KB#286: How do Imanage licenses for PDF-XChange Editor on a Windows Terminal Server?
- KB#456: How do ICustomize toolbars in the Editor